Copper or brass sinks are gorgeous but can be frustrating to keep up. Water spots can be a real problem and take away from the beauty of the metal. Polishing every time you use the sink is not a good option.
Do you want to Keep Your Beautiful Copper
or Brass Sinks Looking Shiny and New?
ProtectaClear is a clear, tough, protective coating that is easy to apply but is tough enough to protect copper and brass sinks. Dries quickly, leaving your copper or brass looking just polished and new.
Stop tarnish and oxidation and Enjoy the Beauty.
Both ProtectaClear and Everbrite will seal and will protect copper and brass as well as many other metals. Copper kitchen sinks can be a real challenge. ProtectaClear will seal and protect copper from fingerprints, water stains, and tarnish. ProtectaClear is tough and durable, food safe once cured and will protect the metal from spots and discoloration.
How to Clean & Seal Copper or Brass Sinks
- Clean and Polish the sink to the desired finish.
- If an acid based polish (Brasso, Wrights, Mothers, etc.) is used, the metal must be neutralized or the solvent in the coating will react with the acid and darken the metal. EZ-Prep Neutralizer or Baking soda and water can be used to neutralize the metal.
- If Maas or other non-acid based polish is used, use a couple of drops of mild dish soap to wash off any residue.
- Rinse with plain water. Dry with soft cloth.
- Wipe the metal with a clean solvent like xylene or denatured alcohol. (These solvents are NOT included in the kit, they cannot be shipped. Xylene or Dentured Alcohol can be found at hardware stores.)
- Apply 2 coats of ProtectaClear with at least an hour between coats. ProtectaClear will blend to itself.
- If you make a mistake, ProtectaClear can be removed with xylene.
- Let the coating cure before leaving water sitting on the coating.
ProtectaClear will continue to harden as it cures. Under normal circumstances, with normal temperature and humidity, the coating will be completely cured in 4 to 5 days. The cure time can be speeded up with the use of heaters or fans.
Complete directions come with every order. Also included are an applicator, a starter pair of disposable nitrile gloves and Complete instructions. Please let us know if you have questions. We are happy to help.
Well, we can’t thank you enough for your great product. For a long time, we had been trying to figure out what to put on our brass sink so it wouldn’t tarnish every time water hits it. We came across your website, and decided to try ProtectaClear.- Priscilla L. Buda, Texas
First of all, your instructions are super easy to follow, and your product is fabulous! Our brass sink is just beautiful and yes, it is staying that way. It is so easy to clean, I just use soap and water. It is hard to believe that the solution to our big problem was so simple. We have told everyone we know about your great product. We thank you so much.
I put three coats of ProtectaClear on our brass sink, waiting an hour between coats. I waited five days before I ran water in the sinks. We have three of them. It works great! A fantastic product! Thanks very much.- Jim C. Polo, Illinois
After using ProtectaClear, we are thrilled with the outstanding results. The Protecta Clear did exactly what you claimed- it protected our brass sink from water stains. We were about to replace this $800 sink because the maintenance was so tedious but your product saved us the cost and problem of doing that. We had tried everything, nothing worked. Now the decorative sink in our powder room sparkles and is virtually maintenance free. I do not have to rush in to polish it each time a guest uses it. Thank you for your fantastic customer service and a truly reliable product.- Barbara and Leigh B.