Love Your Copper or Brass Weather-vane? Keep it NEW with Everbrite Clear Protective Coating. Everbrite will protect the beauty of metal for years and can be maintained indefinitely.
EVERBRITE Protective Coating will prevent tarnish and corrosion on brass or copper weather-vanes. Also stop tarnish on your cupola, finial, copper gutters, sundial, mailboxes and more. Stop tarnish and oxidation and Enjoy the Beauty.
- Excellent adhesion – Even to highly polished metal.
- U.V. Protection and Anti-Oxidants for long lasting protection.
- One-part coating – no mixing or waste.
- Easy to apply and user-friendly.
- Remain flexible – will not crack, chip or peel.
- Self-annealing – blends to itself, making touchups easy.
- Self Leveling – application is easy.
- NOT a lacquer or a thick plastic coating which can detract from the beauty of the metal. EVERBRITE is very natural looking and will make the metal look like it is just polished.
Everbrite Protective Coating will seal and protect your weather-vane, cupola or finial from tarnish, oxidation, corrosion, salt air and other damaging elements.
Here are the pictures I promised you. I have coated the weathervane twice and it looks great. I used my cast iron patio umbrella stand to hold the carousel horse upright while I was working on it and also for drying. You can even see my reflection in the brass ball that has been coated twice with Everbrite. Thanks,- Barbara Woodall
Used the Everbrite this afternoon to cover a copper weathervane. Hope to have the weathervane up on the garage roof soon. Thanks. Everbrite worked well and my next project with it will be a brass lamp.- Judith Parish
I coated a copper cupola roof and copper/brass weathervane in May 06. I messed-up the application the first time. I added multiple coats of Everbrite to the cupola roof and I didn not like the look. I followed your directions and removed the multiple coats of Everbrite and reapplied a single coat. It has been 6 weeks and I think the weathervane looks great.- Anonymous
1. If you want to protect your weathervane while it is still new and shiny, simply clean any oil or other contaminants from the the copper and brass. This can be done by wiping the metal with xylene (available at most hardware stores). This will insure a completely clean surface.
2. Once the metal is clean, EVERBRITE can be applied by several methods. It can be sprayed on or wiped on the surface with clear-coat applicators, natural hair brushes, polysponge brushes or a pad of lint-free cloth. Let it dry and enjoy your beautiful copper and brass weather vane.
If your weathervane is already brown and weathered, you can polish it back to bright copper or brass with copper or brass polishes and then protect the shine with Everbrite. There are 4 basic steps: 1.Polish. 2.Neutralize. 3.Solvent wipe 4.Apply Everbrite. Then enjoy the beauty.